Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cancer, Meet the Cure!

Just as God gave life in the beginning; He is still, The Giver of Life! There is nothing that happens in our lives that is out of God's control. God can do what doctors, and medical science, cannot do.

Hearing the words, "you have cancer," can be very frightening and devastating. Many who are diagnosed with cancer are paralyzed with fear. You may even be shocked or angry. These emotions are natural. Everyone reacts differently. After you have grieved, it is very important that you do two things:

*Focus on God's word, not your doctor's report.

*Replace your fear with faith!

Don't focus on death. It is crucial, to focus on life! Live as if you are going to live, don't live, as if you are going to die.

Many of us are like Peter, as long as we are focused on Jesus, there is no fear. However, when we stop focusing on Jesus, we begin to sink. It is the fear that sinks us. God does not give us a spirit of fear. Nor does God want us to worry.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" -Matthew 6:27

In October, of 1997, I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The tumor was near my heart and lungs. Without faith in God, I would have fallen apart. I also would have given up. I knew then, as I know now, that God is in complete control. He also made my body, therefore, I knew that He could heal me, or, continue to allow me to live. God is The Source of all healing. I thank God for sparing my life!

Oftentimes, those joining you in your fight against cancer are: your family, friends, doctors, and support groups. The most important human being joining in your fight, is YOU. You are your most important advocate.

Money can buy the best doctors, and the best medicine, but it can't buy good health. Nor can it buy life. There is only One who can give good health and life. He is The Greatest Physician of All! There is also something very different about This Physician. He created us. He created the world and everything that dwells in it. He controls the universe. God needs no X-rays or CT scans. He is all-seeing. Nothing is hidden from Him. He is also all-powerful. Healing cancer is not a problem for God!

God does not panic, why should we?

"Instead of fearing a life-threatening disease, have faith, in a Life-Giving God!"® ~Michelle Cole


http://EzineArticles.com/6451667

No comments:

Post a Comment